Tuesday, January 2, 2007

52 days to go...

Yesterday was good. Today is new.

“The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”

(Zen saying, from Zen – Surprising Sayings, Parables, Koans, and Haiku, 2007 Page A Day Calendar by David Schiller, see webpage at www.pageaday.com)

After a few weeks of staying up late and cocooning well into the morning, I changed my schedule today. I got up before six, exercised and swam at dawn, and watched the morning clouds reflect the sunrise. I felt the magic of that moment, as I drank an espresso and experienced the bitter, sour, complex, rich, colorful taste and texture of the coffee.

I had entered a new phase of my life.

Then I realized that the past year 2006 helped me reflect, turning inward. I enjoyed that journey tremendously. I learned to be happy without reason. Not to blame anyone or anything for how I felt. To move forward positively, whatever the circumstances. To enjoy every moment. I went through a multiversity of experiences, most of it internal. And I graduated. Now that I looked back on the year, I gave myself good marks for accomplishing all of that. It ended yesterday.

Today I started my new endeavor, characterized by action.

I decided that I had cocooned enough. A new Me has reformed and is ready to stretch its legs. I could feel that clearly this morning, with an awareness that was unexpected.

So the new year 2007 will herald more action on my part. I am ready for it now. The Universe will help me on the way. I have learned to listen.


Photograph: Morning magic

No comments: