Wednesday, January 31, 2007

24 days to go...

The days pass quickly. Only 24 days to go until I turn 50.

Here in Jakarta where I am visiting, each day has been intense from morning to night. Work and friendship. I feel lucky.

Today my work was about introducing the concept of diagnostic analysis to three organizations, to improve their abilities and performance. I devoted all my energy to it during the day, and worked together with my colleagues.


It was wonderful to hear that people experienced it like a paradigm shift, and to see many people interested and making steps to adopt it.

I’ve been thinking a lot of about change myself, and that’s what this blog is about. I always thought that change was the result of reflection, awareness, and decision-making.


This evening, however, I realized that change follows from taking action. Lots of thinking can lead up to change, but actual change is produced by action.

Gaining a better attitude starts with adopting better behaviors, and behavior is triggered by taking action. I found out that taking action allows me to try out a new attitude until it becomes mine.

Photograph: Intensity, by Osho Zen Tarot.

No comments: