Tuesday, January 9, 2007

46 days to go...

Education prolongs life. That’s what US researchers have found out. Their story says that education tops the list of factors that allow us to enjoy longer lives. So the advocates of continuous learning are right. And my retired friend who recently enrolled in a PhD program made a good choice.

My journey to rebirth at 50 is about the same thing. Life-long learning needs an inquiring mind and a receptive attitude. I am already enrolled in a research program alongside my work. And since last week I am also considering distance learning opportunities about coaching.

Another thing I read this morning is that anyone can dream in the shower. This is true, and I certainly had some of my best ideas in the bathroom. But to turn these ideas into action requires much more. John Maxwell’s workbook sheds light on how to find one’s own road for success.

It also showed me that most great people in history achieved their greatness by overcoming adversity of all sorts. A whole range of factors can be the cause for ideas to simply fade away. Unless we are hungry for a dream to be realized, it won’t.

In the remaining days of my countdown, I will spend attention on how to put my ideas into action. I am hungry.

Photograph: Elevator art, Bangkok Intercontinental Hotel

No comments: