Thursday, January 11, 2007

44 days to go...

For as long as I can remember, I have had dreams about my life. What I didn’t have enough of was the knowledge how to put them in action. That’s my definition of being a dreamer.

On the other hand, the people who can realize (some of) their dreams in their life are called successful, and I agree with that.

There are many reasons why dreams for developing a better life don’t make it into reality and fade away. But there are also some recipes for helping to bring dreams to fruition. One of these is to share the dream with others. That’s what I thought about today.

I am glad that in these past weeks I could start to share my dreams for life at 50 with some friends and in this blog. I didn’t have the courage to do it earlier; it made me feel a bit foolish. But I gathered my wits and I am glad I did it.

Already, I could feel the difference and sense my commitment growing. I was also lucky that my friends gave me positive feedback and encouragement. Like young plants, newly formed dreams are fragile and need nurturing.

My life flowed much better today than yesterday, and that felt good. I had a lot of nice experiences, including a long talk about family matters, life dreams, and raising children. And many people showed a positive spirit and helpfulness in emails.

What wrapped it up was receiving a new PDA phone this evening, through a promo from my service provider Globe. That was a big moment because I have become an intensive and happy PDA user.

The new phone is charging now and should be operational when I get up in the morning.



Photograph: (top) Oxygen needed; (below) My new Atom Exec PDA phone.



No comments: