Wednesday, January 10, 2007

45 days to go...

Quality counts, and I didn’t feel that things went well with me today. They didn’t seem to flow as I wanted. Or I didn’t go with the flow. I felt unsettled, beset by inner conflict, and I couldn’t figure out why.
This morning I reflected on the opportunity of doing things well. Not to be satisfied with doing and completing an activity in a routine manner. But to engage each moment and action with a “totality” of my attention.

Watching the mind is key to achieving this. In every moment there is a choice how I can live it. But mostly, the space of choice passes me by because I am too engaged in a train of thought or a course of action.

Although I felt “compelled” to do some things today, I realized later that there was in fact no compulsion. Each moment offered me total freedom of choice. Even though it was difficult to see and use this freedom, it was there!

While I didn’t feel harmonious, I told myself that I had a choice how to feel. But I just couldn’t get rid of the unsettled feelings.

Ah well, I concluded that it was just one of those days that are best endured with a smile and then forgotten.

So nice that I always have the chance to refresh and start anew.

Photograph: Refresh, from a good friend’s collage.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I can see that your journey to 50 is really intense. Good for y9ou. By the way, I have linked your site in my blog.

Keep going my friend.