Monday, January 29, 2007

26 days to go...

“Create no more pain in the present”, advised Eckart Tolle’s in his now famous book The Power of Now. Yet I noticed that, for most of the time, my mind is still focused on the past and the future in stead of the Now. I particularly like the slogan above. I can at least try to avoid adding any pain or hurt. And with effort and some luck, I can make a positive contribution.

I started the day going to a coffee shop with an outside verandah, expecting that it would be quiet and peaceful, just perfect to start a nice Sunday. It wasn’t. A large group of cyclists and roller bladers descended on the restaurant at the end of their runs. It was interesting to see how people who had just spent so much energy, were able to talk so much and have lots of fund and laughter. They were joined later by a group of Harley Davidson enthusiasts showing off their machines. By that time I went off in search of a quieter coffee shop and a Tazo Zen green tea.

The rest of my day went smoothly and I enjoyed it very much. I had lots of activity and also reflection on life and living. And a good friend from Australia arrived to work together on an assignment this week. He has been a source of inspiration to me for years, and I am always happy to see him. So I am content.

It’s now 00:30 on Tuesday and I’m having difficulty keeping my eyes open, so it’s time to call it a day.

Photograph: Decorations outside Senayan City mall, Jakarta

No comments: