Sunday, January 28, 2007

27 days to go...

I learned three important lessons today.

1. Realize when it is time to change

Change is constantly happening, but I don’t always notice it. Sometimes I need to make change in my works, to let go of some tasks to make space for new responsibilities, but I am reluctant to change. This is because I enjoy doing the same things. In such cases the Universe can “hit” me to send me a message to pay attention. Yesterday’s discussion on my performance evaluation in 2006 was such a message, I thought today.

2. Grow whole but keep separating work and personal life

Rebirth at 50 is a time of self-individuation and growing whole, Jung advised. I agree and I feel an urge to connect more things than before. However, just like flowing ink can create a mess on absorbing paper, it’s best to keep some things in life separate from each other,like the work and personal arenas. They are already connected through ourselves, and there is no need to invest in more connections.

3. Returning to Zero helps achieve 1 and 2

The Zen method of returning to Zero is powerful and useful. Zero is not positive or negative, but in between. It’s the space from which I can grow in several directions. Zero is always at hand, it’s like wiping the whiteboard clean.


Photograph: Beautiful lines, but time to make some changes.

No comments: