Tuesday, January 16, 2007

38 days to go...

“Just do more aerobic exercise and you’ll be fine”, my doctor said today at the end of the annual physical examination. All test results were satisfactory, so I felt that I received a clean bill of health at the turn of 50.

And, as I enter the orange zone, I was told that my risk factor is about 0.7, one third below the average of 1.0. Good news, and a stimulus to continue investing in my health. Until recently, I found the annual PE process a time-consuming bother. Now, I’ve come to see it as a great benefit. The doctor smiled, he had heard that before, at my age.

To enjoy all the things I want to do after 50, I will need to cultivate a healthy lifestyle. I’ve come a long way already, and my diet is fine. Olive oil has become a favorite. But aerobic exercise and I should become better friends. For a start, I decided today to increase the number of laps I swim several times a week. I will work on that.

Health is basic to everthing I am and do. That says it all…

Photograph: Replica of ancient Chinese red wine container for good health.

No comments: