Friday, January 19, 2007

35 days to go...

I reminded myself about the reason for this blog today. I started it to celebrate my completed half century and prepare for my passage to life at 50 and beyond.

It seems strange to me that I haven’t worried yet about leaving my forties behind. It hasn’t crossed my mind.
In stead, my focus has been on where I am now, and where I will go from here. I didn’t spend much time looking back. E.g. I hardly watch photo albums.

My excitement has been growing as my birthday is coming closer. What I have been reflecting on these past weeks is fast coming up. My journey of 83 days had its ups and downs so far, and there are still many days to go for further exploration. Have I peeled off enough petals to understand my soul? I still need more clarity and insight.

Today I enjoyed many nice moments. Several people sought my advice, and I was either accommodating or firm according to what I felt was right in each situation. I could see the people around me as people who were all trying to make the best of each situation. And I could drop all pre-conceived notions and have a beginner’s mind.

It’s a good day to sleep early. I look forward to getting up early and enjoying the dawn.

Photograph: Painting of flowers by
Symon Bali

No comments: