Friday, February 16, 2007

8 days to go...

Less stress, more fun!

I realized this evening that an important part of growing older is how to reduce unnecessary stress. So where can I do that?

Driving. The time spent driving to and from work is stressful, especially in the evening. However I am not living far from my work, and while driving can be stressful due to heavy traffic and buses creating choke points, it’s something I cannot avoid to do.

Taking work home. I rarely do that nowadays.

Too much work. Always that risk, and I can keep prioritizing ruthlessly.

Work place stress. I can reduce this further by managing myself better.

Financial problems. Better planning and organization will help me.

Personal Relationships. I can be more independent and take life easier.

Children. I can worry less and focus on positive quality time with them.

Physical. I can look after my health better with good practices and circulation.

Pollution. Not much I can do as I live in a polluted city. Selecting good food and drinks will help.

Sleep. I can get more sleep by going to sleep earlier.

Well, that clarifies something. But probably the list is not complete yet. I will be more mindful about this. Reducing stress is creating space for more fun and happiness.

Photograph: Serene painting by Tran Thi Tuyen, Hanoi, Viet Nam.

(Written yesterday when Blogger didn't work)


No comments: