Wednesday, February 21, 2007

3 days to go...

I woke up early enough today to see the sunrise!

For most of the day, I relaxed in the resort, exercised, swam, played sax, and read. Later in the day I took the car and toured around Ubud. I looked for a real estate office, which was closed by the time I found it. The idea was to get some information about the market for land and houses. Hopefully I can find out tomorrow.

Along the way I enjoyed a delicious cappucino, visited a bookshop and silver shop, and finished the day with a light meal of carpaccio in one of Ubud’s fusion restaurants. I am interested to get in touch with some local people and foreigners who live and work here in Ubud. Hopefully I could get some contacts tomorrow.

I am happy with the day. I reflected on Eckart Tolle’s advice in The New Earth not to link my identity with anything I own, do, or think. I remembered that I wrote about this in the first post of this countdown, when I started to peel off the layers around my true identity, the true Me.

The fresh air and sun have done me good, and I feel sleepy. Time to catch a good rest.

Photograph: Dawn (top), and carpaccio in Ubud (below).

No comments: