Monday, December 18, 2006

67 days to go...














I admit that I have never been a great fan of Christmas. And it is coming closer again, inescapably, with just seven days to go.

I prefer life celebrations that are more spontaneous, creative, less event-driven, and not so focused on material gifts. I love sharing things that are positive, any day.

So what did I do tonight? I spent lots of time buying presents for those close to me, at least those that are live in physical proximity.


Then more hours waiting for the presents to be wrapped by the helpful but overworked staff of the shop where I purchased them.

And I was happy to do it. Even if I could think of better ways of celebrating life, I realized that Christmas is what you make of it.

We can choose any event to remind us of the life, love, and light that is ours to enjoy. I chose Christmas today.


Photograph: Beautiful for Christmas: PowerPlant Mall in Rockwell.

No comments: