Friday, December 29, 2006

58 days to go...



















27 December 2006 (delayed posting). I made my second “life journey”
collage two days ago. I prodded myself to live my dream and unleash the artist in me. The earlier collage was made exactly three years old, during the Tapping the Creative Universe workshop with Jim Paredes.

Today I discovered art all around me, in shop displays, in the smiles of people, in the shapes and forms of objects in my surroundings. Then I began to realize that art is in the eyes of the seer. Perhaps it is nowhere else.

I can see art better now in the world around me. It is not just in art galleries. It is a way of life. Art is everywhere… and I am a part of it when I see the wonder in it.

I have a great espresso machine in my home for the past one and a half year. I use it several times a day, and my daughter has recognized how much I appreciate it. So she expressed her feeling by
decorating it for me. At first I thought to remove her sticker, but then I saw the beauty of her intention, and the art in the combination of a cool machine with a beautiful young lady. A simple form of art deco?

I remember that in days gone by, fighter pilots painted pictures of their favorite women on the noses of their planes. Perhaps they still do. I am glad I can enjoy artful combinations in peace.

In the picture above, I captured another vision of art at my home, that of the espresso cup I like to use these days. The red color, and the image, helps to revive me in the morning. I bought the pedestal yesterday from a curio shop. Another art combi.

As I write this (in MS Word) my internet access is cut almost entirely as a result of the earthquake that struck south of Taiwan and disrupted intercontinental undersea communications cables. Interestingly, I can still receive CNN’s website, albeit slowly, but I can’t access Blogger. Well, a question of priorities I guess.

While I am cut off from the blogosphere, there is always my art at home.


Photograph: Espresso cup art

No comments: